Saturday, July 9, 2011

shrimp

I don't know about, but I used to hate shrimp. And that was before I even tasted it! Tells you how silly I was. Still, I'm not so sure about fresh shrimp.

Last year I tried shrimp at Panada Express. Yeah, I know that's cheating, but I really liked it. I've been wanting to find a grilled shrimp recipe for some time, when taste of home gave me one.  It was very good, but I was hoping it would be hotter than it really was.

You're gonna need a grill for this one. :)





Cajun Shrimp Skewers Recipe
8 servings  Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill 5min.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder


In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
On eight metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread shrimp and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 8 skewers.
I'd cooked them just a little longer than what they say.


O.K. I want your opinion. What would you all think if I started posting recipes on Wednesdays or at least one day a week?

~Susanna
20 5 2Ingredien2 tablespoons oli
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 medium lemon, cut into wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...