Wednesday, July 6, 2011

3rd of July (with pictures)

Yeah, I know it isn't the 4th. But who said that it had to be?

Ok, in the afternoon we had my Dad's side of the family over. We had the usual hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, potato salad, watermelon, cookies, ice cream, and my Grandma's pie that is usually gone before supper. :) 
I'm kidding, no one is allow to cut into it until after supper and then it is gone in ten seconds. Thankfully, I don't like pie so I don't have to worry about it.


After supper you either went out to fish in our pond, played v-ball, or sat inside and talked.


Our international friend was the only person who caught anything that night.


My cousin, Anna, found our dog, Shyann, and seemed to like her.




I think they're both cute.


The colors are pretty at this time of day.


Once it out dark we started blowing things up, or at least we tried.


After the second fountain I'm tired of them, but everyone else likes it.







And who doesn't want to do sparklers?

 Yes, I used them to write people's names in the sky...


Well, after all the artillery shells, roman candles, fountains, etc. were cleaned up my cousins Josh and Sarah, my brother Titus, and I went for a raft ride in our pond. Now that I think about it, it probably wasn't the best idea since it was dark and you couldn't see very well. Anyway, we had a lot of fun trying to find the glow sticks we had thrown into the water.

 It was almost 11 o'clock when everybody left. I guess you could say it was bedtime...


~Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...