Sunday, July 17, 2011

moving...






Today, one year ago, my family moved from our land out in Potwin, KS to
Valley Center, KS.
We lived on about 80 acreas, so I guess you could say we had a "hobby farm."
I thought I'd do a little "memory post" about my time living out there.



I only got to live there 3 years, but I count them some of the best.
I learned and did too many things to count.


We managed to burn a barn down one night...


...then we built 2 more. (I couldn't find a good picture of the other one.)


Another night a mini tornado took the roof off our house.


So, we got to put a new one on. It would have never gotten there without the help of so many friends.


Each year we raised a couple hundred broilers, which are only cute the first day.



After a week or two meat birds look like this or worse.


We had too many gardens. This one was part of Charis' flower garden.


In the spring of 2010 we got to burn our pasture and that wouldn't have happened without our neighbor friends showing us what to do.  ummm.......or maybe actually doing it and we were just watching. :)


There are so many other things we did, that I couldn't write it all out for you. 
This is our pasture.



We had awesome trees in the spring.


Our creek was so pretty.....most of the year.


I'm so glad God gave those 3 years of my life.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."
 Ecclesiastes 3:1


~Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...