Sunday, July 24, 2011

Guest Post by Anna

"Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and, depend upon it, you will be shown what to do next."
- Elisabeth Elliot

 When I read this, I was so convicted. I am a 'future thinker' in that I think a lot about tomorrow and next week and what am I going to do next summer, or this spring when I graduate, or where I will be in 5 years. I also am a worrier. I worry about if something will work out as planned or what will happen if I do this or that. And if you put those things together, you get a mess. :-) This quote reminded me that, if I simply obey in what He has told me to do now, I don't have to worry about about the future. I don't even have to think about it. I can just lean on Him.

 Joseph is a great example of trusting in God. Even when surrounded by false accusations and when he was forgotten in jail, he depended on God to see him through it all. His steadfast faith in God helped him through everything he went through. This man was infatuated with the knowledge that God is in control. I think that is why he was able to forgive his brothers even when they had wronged him in the extreme.
 One of my favorite verses is Psalms 100:5 which says,  "For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."

What an amazing promise this is! He is always there and He always will be! And better yet, He will never change. He's the same today as He was yesterday and a hundred years ago, and He's the same as He was during Adam and Eve's time.

So whenever you are feeling discouraged, or lonely, or you are worrying about the morrow, just remember this: God is near and He knows whats going to happen. Nothing happens to us that hasn't already passed through God's hands. All we have to do is obey in what He's given us to do today and trust that He'll show us what to do tomorrow. Has He ever failed one of His children? No. Nor will He ever




  Hi all! I'm Anna and I have been homeschooled all 17 years of my life. I was mercifully saved by God's grace when I was 10 years old. I come from a family of 10 children; me being the 6th. If you look through my interests, you can see that I like a lot of things. :-) I grew up in the country and absolutely loved it! I lived in the middle of 'nowhere' until I was 12 and then my family decided to move to the city. I pray that someday I may be able to go back to the country, but right now, God hasn't opened that door so I'll blossom where He's planted me. I plan to go to college to get my RN and am looking possibly into missionary work in India. But it all depends on what God has planned for me. Where He leads I will go.  Anna Flora has a blog called Living for Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...