Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Awesome-Tasting Food!




Today's recipe comes from a friend. It is the type of recipe everybody has their own of. And you also don't really need a recipe for it I think. I just like to know what people put in it and add my own amounts.

If you've never heard of Chicken Salad before, than I don't know where you're from. And you're just about too. This is something we family (most of it) loves. My brother-in-law had never heard of putting fruit (grapes and pineapple) in it before. I thought it was odd that he thought it was odd. That sounds just a little bit funny. Anyway, have you ever heard of that before? Just curious.


One of the secrets to this salad is fresh black pepper. It smells and tastes so good.


Chicken Salad


2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
4-6 celery stalks, chopped
green and/or red grapes, cut in half
onion, chopped pretty small
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
2 or more boiled eggs, chopped
1/2  to 1 cup mayo
2-4 tablespoons chicken broth
Freshly ground black pepper
1 can chucked pineapple, cut into fourths
1 can water chestnuts, cut into small pieces
sliced almonds




Mix all ingredients together.


Add more of anything to make it taste right. Refrigerate until cold. Spread on bread to make a sandwich or eat by itself.




Enjoy and tell me what you think.



~Susanna

1 comment:

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...