Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Awesome-Tasting Food!

One of the best Mexican dishes ever!! In my opinion anyway.  This used to be a dish we never made and then all of sudden, we were making it a lot. Then we stopped (I don't know why) and today my mom said, "Oh, lets make chimichangas again."  Yippee!! 

And if you don't like tortillas, you can just scrape the filling out onto a salad or something. Oh, and the more picante sauce you put on, the better. Serious.



Chimichangas


1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lb cooked and drained, ground beef (you can use sausage)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup green chilies, chopped
1/4 cup picante sauce  ( I use more)
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
melted butter
7 to 8 flour tortillas, warmed

Combine all ingredients except butter and tortillas. Coat a 9 by 13 baking dish with the butter. Place a scant 1/3 cup filling in center of each tortilla. Fold envelope fashion and place folded side down in baking dish. Bake at 450degrees, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until nicely brown.





Serve with sour cream, salsa, rice and beans, chilies, chips, lizano salsa, cheese, olives, jalapenos, guacamole, and anything else you can think of. :)  My favorite is drowned in salsa with some lizano on top. YUM!!




~Susanna

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks so incredible! I'm gonna have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...