Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Awesome-Tasting Food!! // white hot chocolate





This time of year is when my family drinks a lot of hot chocolate. Notice I said "my family". I would rather drink coffee. Every once in awhile I drink hot chocolate and to tell you the truth, I think white hot chocolate is pretty good. In the middle of a freezing cold day this sounds pretty good and........it is. Now if we could only get Kansas to see some winter this year. Oh well...




Creamy Hot White Chocolate

6 cups half-and half cream, divided     you can also use whole milk or cream.
1-1/3 cups white baking chips
2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash ground nutmeg
3 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions: In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, chips, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining cream; heat through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in vanilla. Pour into mugs and enjoy!!

Makes: 8 servings      Total Time: 10 minutes



And if you're like me, you'll top all this prettiness with whipped cream!! Yum!!  Or you can use those chemical-filled-things-called-marshmallows. I eat those too on occasion.



Have a awesome rest of your day. Oh, and tell me if you make this and what you think of it.


~Susanna





No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...