Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Awesome-Tasting Food!! (GF)


Oh boy, I forgot today was Wednesday, but its not too late to post my recipe yet.

I decided to do a gluten-free recipe because I felt like it. I've been on a gluten-free diet several times and we've finally found food that tastes good!! If you've had to go gluten-free before you will know what I mean. Anyway, I love this brownie-in-a-mug idea even though I've only tried it twice. Even if you aren't gluten-free some recipes still taste good and this might be one of them. Give it a try.

Also, this recipe is dairy-free and mostly sugar-free.

















Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
takes lass then 5 minutes and serves 1-2


  • 1 large microwave safe coffee mug
  • 4 tablespoons gluten-free flour mix (such as Pamela’s or homemade)
  • 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Optional add-ins: pinch ground coffee, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes


Grease a coffee mug with oil or cooking spray. Place all ingredients in mug and mix with fork to combine ingredients, but don’t over-mix. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. The cake might look like it is overflowing from mug, but it will settle. Cooking time depends on microwave strength, but the standard is 1 minute and 30 seconds; with 3 minutes being on the higher end. Final product should be moist.
Note: If using a homemade flour blend, make sure the blend contains baking powder and salt.

Enjoy!


















~Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...