Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Awesome-Tasting Food!! // pumpkin whoopie pies



For the past couple of years (I don't think I'm going to do it this year) I've made these little guys for my Dad's side of the family Thanksgiving dinner. It is so much fun preparing these treats that I know you'll like them. They also make the house smell good when they're baking. Enjoy.




Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
      
    In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. 




     CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon  pure vanilla extract

    In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Makes up to 2 dozen.





    Also, when I make the whoopie pies, I always cook them a little less then what they say.


    ~Susanna

1 comment:

  1. Those sound and look so yummy! I'll definitely be trying these out. I will probably find a way to add some chocolate to that recipe too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...