Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Awesome-Tasting Food!! // lime rice



Are you all having a good week so far?  Mine has been awesome! Last night I went bowling with some friends. (I shall tell you about that later.) Right now I'm in the process of packing. (I'm going to go see my brother that lives in N.C.)

Last week I posted about the Chipotle Chicken I made. I also found a "mock" recipe for their cilantro-lime rice. This tastes almost exactly the same as theirs. It is a terribly easy recipe, just be careful that you don't burn it like I did!! (again) Thankfully, just the bottom was charcoal and the top was still good enough to eat. My problem was I used the wrong burner.  Oh well...

One of the things that makes Chipotle's rice different in because they use Basmati rice. It is more expensive, but tastes really good. 

source


Cilantro-Lime Rice 

1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
2 tsp. fresh cilantro
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Lime

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Add cilantro and serve with Chipotle's Chicken.

[bahs-MAH-tee]
Basmati is a long-grained rice, with a fine texture. It can be found in Middle Eastern and India markets, as well as some supermarkets.

source

  Of course I love this recipe since is has something to do with my favorite fruit!! Limes are just so colorful and pretty!!


~Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...