Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Awesome-Tasting Food!! // pancakes


In case you didn't know, today is National Pancake Day. Well, it is IHOP's Pancake Day and thanks to the you can go there and get a FREE short stack of pancakes. Now, some people say National Pancake Day was last week (Feb 21st) but IHOP says it is today, so I'm stickin' with that. Anyway, who cares? Anytime is a good time for pancakes!

For those of you who aren't going to IHOP, I've got a pancake recipe for you. (Imagine that)


via

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted 

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Makes 8 servings      
  3. Top with whatever suits your fancy including: syrup, fresh berries, a fried egg, sausage patties, or even chocolate chips (we save those for waffles, but somebody might like them.)

And since I'm already talking about pancakes I thought I'd add a few more photos of them. These things can sure look pretty!

via




via
via


via


via


I think the pancake shots are the cutest!

 I'm not sure how National Pancake Day got started. If anyone knows I'd love to hear about it.

~Susanna

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I didn't too it was National Pancakes Day. I've been craving for some really good pancakes these past few days.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...