Monday, May 2, 2011

Topeka...


On the 28th of April my brother Titus and I had the chance to be pages for Senator Ty Masterson at the Capitol Building in Topeka, KS. We also brought along our friend Angela Lingg, who was paging for her Senator. (The Senators happened to share the same office.) I had an awesome time, even though there wasn't much going on that day in the Senate that day.
I borrowed my sister's camera and had it with me the whole time. So, I thought I'd share some of the photos. Enjoy.



This photo (and the next 7 photos) was taken in the Senate Chamber. That room was amazing.




The designs on the wall are so cool. If you look close at the photo above you can see the 
flowers coming down beside the pillar.


The base of these pillars (pictured above) are air vents. The pillar itself (if I remember correctly) is hollow and brought air from the outside to cool the room down. I'm not sure if they use them anymore.


There are 40 Senators in Kansas.




This photo has a interesting story behind it. The view is from the floor, looking up at the ceiling. Unless your camera has a screen that can be flipped, you have to lay down on the floor to get this view. 
I was taking some photos like this for a lady, when my dad walks in and asks "What are you doing?"
I about jumped.

~~~


At one point during the day we were allowed to take photos sitting at the desk of the President of the Senate. This is Titus.



Angela Lingg in the same place, only this time it shows more of the desk.

and me too.

~~~
At 11:00 all the  Senate pages went on a tour of the Capitol building.

I really liked the marble staircases...until I had to go up and down 3 or more flights of them 2 dozen times.



This is the House. Obviously a lot bigger than the Senate Chamber. There are 125 Representatives in the Kansas House


Angela and I got our picture with Miss Rodeo Kansas 2011, who happened to be there that day. I guess that's not something that happens everyday.


Titus and I with Senator Masterson. We did a photo of us with the Kansas Governor, but it  isn't on the computer.


~Susanna

1 comment:

  1. awesome, Susanna!! Love the pictures!! Yeah, laying on the floor is just one of the crazy things I've seen photographers do just to get a good picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...