Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Awesome-Tasting Food!! // grilled peaches?




Last week I grilled peaches for the first time and it actually worked!! You see, we sell peaches at our local farmers market and customers have told me about grilling them. I've always wondered if it really works or not, so I decided to try my hand at it. The result? It turned out AWESOME! You're going to find out just how fast and easy it is to grill peaches...

source


Grilled Peaches

Start with peaches that are firm but give a little when you squeeze them. I'd also use a freestone peach.
Cut each peaches in half and remove the pit. You can either grill the entire half or cut the halves into wedges.
Brush the cut side of the peaches with oil (I used olive oil and it tasted great.)
Cook the peaches over a medium fire on all cut side until grill marks show and the peach is tender. (I also grilled a little bit on the other side just to make sure it cooked all the way through. )

You can either eat the grilled peaches plain, in a salad, or with a scoop of home-made ice cream. We ate ours plain, but if you're going to do that eat them hot off the grill. They taste best that way.


source


There you have it, grilled peaches in under 10 minutes!

I thought grilling really brought out the flavor of the peach, meanwhile it made the peach look beautifully red. That might be because I used Canadian Harmony peaches. They're known for their red flesh.

Well, I hope you try this and tell me what you think.

Want another recipe on grilled peaches? Then try this one.

~Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, I dare you too... :) I'd love to know you were here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...